iGovernment - Information Systems, Technology and Government
Series Editor: Professor Richard Heeks
Working papers are available for download both in PDF format and as a zipped MS Word file.
Short papers are available in PDF format.
Follow this link for the Educators' Guide for use with these working papers.
You will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat (downloadable from Adobe) to view PDF file(s). PDF files open in a new window.
In order to open zipped files you will need unzip software download free unzip software)
- 23/2014 - Understanding e-Government Failure from an Actor-Network Perspective: The Demise of the Thai Smart ID Card (Ping Gao, Panom Gunawong)
- 22/2012 - Steering e-Government Projects from Failure to Success: Using Design-Reality Gap Analysis as a Mid-Implementation Assessment Tool (Lemma Lessa, Solomon Negash, Mesfin Belachew)
- 21/2011 - A Framework for Assessing Privacy Readiness of e-Government (Kristof Kessler, Nils Hettich, Chadley Parsons, Craig Richardson, Anny Triana)
- 20/2010 - Analysing e-Government Project Failure: Comparing Factoral, Systems and Interpretive Approaches (Carolyne Stanforth)
- 19/2009 - Understanding Adoption of e-Government: Principals, Agents and Institutional Dualism (Richard Heeks, Rita Santos)
- 18/2006 - Benchmarking eGovernment: Improving the National and International Measurement, Evaluation and Comparison of eGovernment (Richard Heeks)
- 17/2006 - Analysing eGovernment Implementation in Developing Countries Using Actor-Network Theory (Carolyne Stanforth)
- 16/2006 - Analysing eGovernment Research: Perspectives, Philosophies, Theories, Methods and Practice (Richard Heeks, Savita Bailur)
- 15/2004 - eGovernment as a Carrier of Context (Richard Heeks)
- 14/2003 - Most eGovernment-for-Development Projects Fail: How Can Risks be Reduced? (Richard Heeks)
- 13/2002 - eGovernment in Africa: Promise and Practice (Richard Heeks)
- 12/2001 - Building e-Governance for Development: A Framework for National and Donor Action (Richard Heeks)
- 11/2001 - Understanding e-Governance for Development (Richard Heeks)
- 10/2000 - Government Data: Understanding the Barriers to Citizen Access and Use (Richard Heeks)
- 9/1999 - Why Health Care Information Systems Succeed or Fail (Richard Heeks, David Mundy, Angel Salazar)
- 8/1999 - Information Management, IT and Government Transformation: Innovative Approaches in the new South Africa (Michael Kahn, Russell Swanborough)
- 7/1999 - Centralised vs. Decentralised Management of Public Information Systems: A Core-Periphery Solution (Richard Heeks)
- 6/1998 - Information Age Reform of the Public Sector: The Potential and Problems of IT for India (Richard Heeks)
- 5/1998 - Public Sector Management Information Systems (Richard Heeks)
- 4/1998 - Information Technology and Public Sector Corruption (Richard Heeks)
- 3/1998 - Decision Support Systems and Strategic Public Sector Decision Making in Egypt (Sherif Kamel)
- 2/1998 - Planning and Creating a Government Web Site: Learning from the Experience of US States (Linda DeConti)
- 1/1998 - Information Systems and Public Sector Accountability (Richard Heeks)
Please note: the links below lead directly to a PDF version of the papers.
- 9/2015 - A Better e-Government Maturity Model - Richard Heeks (PDF, 164KB)
- 8/2007 - eGovernment Failure and Political Timescales - Richard Heeks (PDF, 27KB)
- 7/2003 - ICTs and Intra-Governmental Structures at Local, Regional and Central Levels: Updating Conventional Ideas - Rita Santos, Richard Heeks (PDF, 47KB)
- 6/2001 - Prototyping e-Government Applications - Richard Heeks (PDF, 28KB)
- 5/2001 - Community Informatics Strategies: A Summary of Issues and Resources - Richard Heeks (PDF, 48KB)
- 4/1999 - The Core-Periphery Approach to Management of Public Information Systems - Richard Heeks (PDF, 58KB)
- 3/1999 - High-Tension Wiring: Lessons from Local Government Internet Use in Sweden - Richard Heeks, Agneta Ranerup (PDF, 33KB)
- 2/1999 - Information Technology, Government and Development: Workshop Report - Richard Heeks (PDF, 57KB)
- 1/1998 - Public Sector Accountability: Can IT Deliver? - Richard Heeks (PDF, 38KB)