Community Conservation in Africa
Please note : this working paper series has been discontinued and archived. This means that no more papers will be published in the series, and that users should refer directly to the paper's authors for further information on particular papers.
All papers are available for download both in PDF format and as a zipped MS Word file.
In order to view PDF files you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader: download Adobe Acrobat Reader (free).
In order to open zipped files you will need unzip software: download unzip software (free).
- 10/1998 Community Conservation at Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, Uganda - Bill Adams, Mark Infield (PDF, 121KB)
- 9/1998 The Impact of Community Conservation Initiatives around Tarangire National Park - Kadzo Kangwana, Rafael Ole Mako (PDF, 67KB)
- 8/1998 Community Conservation from Concept to Practice: A Practical Framework - Edmund Barrow, Marshall Murphree (PDF, 127KB)
- 7/1998 Synergizing Conservation Incentives: From Local-Global Conflict to Compatibility - Marshall Murphree (PDF, 52KB)
- 6/1998 Mount Kenya: The Economics of Community Conservation - Lucy Emerton (PDF, 165KB)
- 5/1998 The Nature of Benefits and the Benefits of Nature: Why Wildlife Conservation has not Economically Benefited Communities in Africa - Lucy Emerton (PDF, 159KB)
- 4/1998 Conservation and Communities: Changing Narratives, Policies and Practices in African Conservation - Bill Adams, David Hulme (PDF, 92KB)
- 3/1997 Community Conservation in Practice: A Case Study of Lake Mburo National Park, Uganda - David Hulme (PDF, 175KB)
- 2/1997 Congruent Objectives, Competing Interests and Strategic Compromise: Concepts and Processes in the Evolution of Zimbabwe's CAMPFIRE Programme - Marshall Murphree (PDF, 166KB)
- 1/1997 A Framework for the Study of Community Conservation in Africa - David Hulme (PDF, 139KB)