Rural Resources/Rural Livelihoods
Series Editor: Prof Philip Woodhouse
This series has been developed in association with the ESRC's Global Environmental Change III Programme.
Highlighted publications are available online. Most are available for download as a zipped MS Word file. Some are also available in PDF format.
In order to view PDF files you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader download Adobe Acrobat Reader (free).
In order to open zipped files you will need unzip software download unzip software (free).
- 13/2001 - African Enclosures: A Default Mode of Development? - Philip Woodhouse (PDF, 104KB)
- 12/1999 - Implementation of South Africa's National Water Act. Catchment Management Agencies: Interests, Access and Efficiency. Inkomati Basin Pilot Study - Philip Woodhouse (PDF, 758KB)
- 11/1998 - Local Governance, Natural Resource Management, and the Implementation of Local Area Development Programmes - Philip Woodhouse, Gervase Maipose (PDF, 152KB)
- 10/1997 - The Sustainability of Agricultural Systems - Dan Rigby, Daniel Caceres (PDF, 99KB)
- 9/1997 - A Framework for the Study of Community Conservation in Africa - David Hulme
- 8/1997 - Approaches to Community Participation - Marshall Murphree
- 7/1997 - Land, Water and Local Governance in South Africa: A Case Study of the Mutale River Valley - Edward Lahiff (PDF, 1.3MB)
- 6/1997 - Land, Water and Local Governance in Mali: Rice Cultivation and Changing Resource Use in the Sourou Valley, Bankass Cercle - P Chenevix-Trench, M Tessougué, P Woodhouse (PDF, 1.1MB)
- 5/1996 - Local Institutions and Natural Resource Management in the West African Sahel: Policy and Practice of 'Gestion de Terrior' in the Republic of Mali - Yvette D Evers
- 4/1996 - Land, Water and Local Governance in a Kenyan Wetland in Dryland: The Kimana Group Ranch and its Environs - Chris Southgate, David Hulme
- 3/1996 - Land, Water and Local Governance in Kajiado: A District Overview - Chris Southgate, David Hulme
- 2/1996 - Environmental Management in Kenya's Arid and Semi-arid Lands: An Overview - Chris Southgate, David Hulme (PDF, 484KB)
- 1/1995 - Land, Water and Local Governance: Botswana Case Study - Andrew Clayton (PDF, 1.1MB)